Happy New Year!... still
We may be a month in to the New Year but today is just the beginning. Each day we awaken is a new day and therefore a new beginning. So if your New Years resolve is waning remind yourself of the fact that we can train our minds to make the best of each present moment, even when our circumstances are less than ideal. All it takes is practice.
One of the best ways to begin training your mind is the use of affirmations…daily.
Here are a few suggestions to get you started. Choose one that resonates the most with you, or make up your own, and repeat it to yourself as soon as you wake up and again before falling asleep.
1. I cannot control exactly what happens in life, but I can control how I respond to it. In my response is my greatest Power.
2. I do have to accept what comes my way, and the only important thing is that I meet it with the best I have to give.
3. I will not get caught up in what could’ve or should’ve been. Instead, I will look at the power and possibility of what is, right now.
4. I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Life is about not letting my fear decide my future.
5. Happiness does not start when “this, that or the other” thing is resolved. Happiness is what happens now, and I choose to make the best of what I have.
Choose to be happy!